*BACKUP - FOR REFERENCE ONLY*  Married and Always Nagged Warhawk & COD4 Forums Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Group Playing Times

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    *BACKUP - FOR REFERENCE ONLY* Married and Always Nagged Warhawk & COD4 Forums Forum Index » Warhawk Playing Times View previous topic
View next topic
Group Playing Times
JJ-F1
General
General

Post Group Playing Times Reply with quote
Ok, I'm starting this by saying that the only 'rule' I live by with regard to WH is to have fun. This post is not meant to dictate anyones actions, thoughts or anything else. That would be extremely presumptuous on my part and an asshat move. I want to say a couple of things and I want to get some thoughts from the group as well. That's all, nothing major, just some clarification on things and thoughts on how we (I) can do a little prep work in order to be able to play together.

As you all know, I love getting together with as many MAANs as possible. WH is so much better when you play with the great group of guys that is MAAN. Like I said before, fun is what I want, and I get it with you all.

When I log in at night I first check to see if any of you are online. If it looks like there is a good portion of you in a game, I'll join it and we'll go from there. If there are only a few guys in a smaller room, I will join an empty LG server and wait for a while. This way as the night wears on we should always have room for our fellow MAAN.

I'd like to know from you guys if VARI servers are ok? Personally I love them due to the ... variety ... but if there is demand for other types that's fine. Also should I pick OD or just the original or what?

Again, please don't read anything into this and if you want to go off on your own and play only CTF or Zones on a player created server, feel free. I'm not in any way trying to force anything on any of you.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
topodisc
General
General

Post Reply with quote
JJ-F1, you've been great at getting the clan to play together, usually by picking an empty VARI server for us to jump in. That was especially important when we couldn't host our own servers with more than 8 or so players.

But I don't think you need to bear the responsibility for us. If you just want to play, jump into whatever server you feel like. There will always be opportunities for us to play together, either when we put up our own servers, or reunions.

Personally, I don't have the patience to wait by myself in a VARI server for enough players to join to make it official. I don't expect anyone else to either.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:11 am View user's profile Send private message
KwikAg
General
General

Post Reply with quote
I'm with Topo here. Sometimes you just need to do what you want and see what happens. MAANwings didn't fill quickly enough for me last night, so I shut it down in order to join the rest of you in battle. I always enjoyed this game prior to getting involved with the clan. Now, however, there's a feeling that I might miss something if I don't play on a certain night. You've taken it to a whole new level. It's probably one of the reasons that COD4 is working as well as it is- not just that the game is good, it's the company that matters most.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cabot500
General
General

Post Reply with quote
I like the vari servers. To be honest, I used to stick almost exclusively to capture the flag games before this, but now I'm getting better at the other game types out there from joining these matches. I still cringe at the team deathmatch games which are almost pure flight based, but I try not to die too much on it and take down my team Wink

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
monterayk
General
General

Post Reply with quote
I love the vari servers and will follow the biggest MAAN group I can find (which is always where JJ is) The only thing I would prefer is NOT do the OD servers. I can't count how may times I get killed or lost because I just can't SEE the bad guy. Plus for a ground guy the map sucks. Too much distance not enough vehicles! I find myself running for 5 min to get in a tank and have some ASSHAT TOW MY ASS....HAT

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
BuddyChrist37
General
General

Post Reply with quote
I'm sorry I didn't see this thread when it was posted.

I am perfectly happy with the Vari. Something for everybody. I'm really trying to get as many Zones games in. I love them.

I'm not a huge fan of the Omega Factory map but, I say keep it in if possible. Someone in the server may like it. Plus, I've gotta learn that clusterfuck of a map sometime. I like the little bonus mini games like: Find a weapon in under 2 minutes, Figure out how to get to that Warhawk that's on the map and, my favorite Where's the fucking ladder?.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:57 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KwikAg
General
General

Post Reply with quote
BuddyChrist37 wrote:

I am perfectly happy with the Vari. Something for everybody. I'm really trying to get as many Zones games in. I love them.

I'm not a huge fan of the Omega Factory map but, I say keep it in if possible. Someone in the server may like it. Plus, I've gotta learn that clusterfuck of a map sometime. I like the little bonus mini games like: Find a weapon in under 2 minutes, Figure out how to get to that Warhawk that's on the map and, my favorite Where's the fucking ladder?.

ROTFLMAO. I'm so happy I'm not the only one who plays these games . I'm also partial to: Since I have no weapons, if I start walking stealthily from here, which team will find my sorry ass first?

Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:06 am View user's profile Send private message
bdasa
General
General

Post Reply with quote
KwikAg wrote:
BuddyChrist37 wrote:

ROTFLMAO. I'm so happy I'm not the only one who plays these games . I'm also partial to: Since I have no weapons, if I start walking stealthily from here, which team will find my sorry ass first?

You guys have nailed my feelings about this map. Being a ground-pounder myself, I'm in much the same boat.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:59 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zombie-007
General
General

Post Reply with quote
I like the Vari servers.

I don't care for the OD map, but I will play it no problem. It's just one map in the rotation so WTF.... It adds to the variety.

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    *BACKUP - FOR REFERENCE ONLY* Married and Always Nagged Warhawk & COD4 Forums Forum Index » Warhawk Playing Times All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: